2.14.2006

To pass the day...

I might as well try to be positive today...I am looking a pretty fetch so why not. It's a sunny day, spring should be around the corner in the next six weeks, and I have plenty of friends and family who love me. Today, that is enough.

Today, in acceptance of this otherwise completely-ridiculous-utterly-horrific and absolutely-depressing day, I'm throwing out my two cents on what quite possibly might be the best love songs of all time...or at least in my opinion. These songs make me melt, lose all sense of reality, and make me think back to a time, a place, or a person as if it were the here and now.

10. Fade Into You - Mazzy Star

9. All I Want Is You - U2

8. Luna - Smashing Pumpkins

7. Say Goodbye - Dave Matthews (close tie with Crash)

6. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

5. Always on My Mind - Willie Nelson

4. My Immortal - Evanescence

3. Lover, You Should Have Come Over - Jeff Buckley

2. Cannonball - Damien Rice

1. Slave to Love - Bryan Ferry


Now this is the time where everyone chimes in...This is the time when all you reading my blog identify yourselves and agree or disagree...what are your top 10 love songs of all time?

5 comments:

KJ said...

OO, I like this question. In no particular order.

1. Always On My Mind.......Willie Nelson
2. My Immortal..........Evanescence
3. I Miss You.....Blink 182
4. I Could Not Ask for More...Sara Evans
5. From This Moment....Shania Twain
6. Can't Help Falling in Love...Elvis
7.Lady....Kenny Rogers
8. Three Times a Lady.....Lionel Richie
9. I Will Always Love You....Dolly Parton
10. Heaven....Warrant
11. Angel....Aerosmith

SEDW said...

Remember V-Day 1997? Let's have a laugh at....
Vanessa's FTD Bouquet
Your red rose..and nothing else.
My white bear and 6 red roses for the second year in a row.
So what did we do? We drove to your parents house!! Up and left and did not let our boyfriends know until we were on the way out the door. How ungrateful we were. Oh, to be 20 again!

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Here goes....in no particular order.
Angel...Aerosmith
Say Goodbye...Dave Matthews Band
At Last...Etta James
Something Beautiful...Robbie Williams
Your Song...Elton John
Just The Way You Are...Billy Joel
Not exactly 10, but you get the point.

Kate The Great said...

You slay me with 9/7/6. Here's mine (in no particular order)

ps. Damn. Just saw some people have already posted some of these songs...

10- Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel
9- Let's Stay Together- Al Green
8-Crash-Dave Matthews
7-From This Moment-Shania Twain
6-Wonderful World-Eva Cassidy
5-It Had To Be You- Harry Connick JR.
4-Closer-Nine Inch Nails (in the right context, mind you)
3-Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
2-Fields of Gold - Sting
1-Fly Me To The Moon - Sinatra

NB-C said...

In no particular order-

By Your Side - Sade
Crash - Dave Matthews
I Try - Macy Gray
Let's Get it On - Marvin Gaye
After All - Cher
It's All Coming Back to Me Now- Celine Dion
Breathe- Faith Hill
Crazy- Patsy Cline
November Rain- Guns N Roses
Let's Make Love- Faith Hill & Tim McGraw