2.15.2006

Tips for a Successfuly Single Valentine's Day - a reminder for 2007

For all of you who wondered if I might jump off a bridge, I can profess that I am indeed, very much alive on this fine day after Valentine's Day. Here's the official single survivors guide to the dreaded V-Day 2006.

  • Start day out with positive attitude and outlook. Remind self that it is indeed just another day.
  • Wear great outfit. Look fabulous.
  • Receive email from interested party wishing me a Happy Valentines Day. Smile.
  • Have lunch with work friends at great restaurant. Have crinkly fries. Announce plans for the evening consist of frozen Lean Cuisine and exercise.
  • See that arch nemesis Mr. Potential has decided to return to the world of internet dating. What an ass.
  • Patiently IM with current "FWB" and try to decipher why he suddenly cares about his indecisiveness and Piscesness. Wait. Wait.
  • Have happiest moment of the day.
  • Receive IM from FWB stating how funny he is followed by "I'm going to the gym, you?"
  • Leave work madder than hell.
  • Complain wildly to best friends about statement.
  • Get really mad, turn red, and cuss a lot. Smoke a lot of cigarettes.
  • Take obnoxious barking dog-child on long walk and state out loud why men are bitches and why I deserve better. Reiterate over and over, outloud, frighten those driving bye.
  • Have canned Italian Wedding Soup for dinner. Open bottle of Shiraz. Sigh. Loudly.
  • Take long bath and listen to music that was made for me. Read. Smile. Relax.
  • Watch American Idol. Notice happy smiles.
  • Smoke.
  • Receive Happy Valentine's Day wish from ex-husband. Get propositioned by ex-husband. Laugh at the thought.
  • Talk to interested party. Make plans for dinner. Laugh with possibility.
  • Get into bed. Sigh. Smile.
Happy.
Content.
Strong.
Fulfilled.
Enough.

1 comment:

KJ said...

I love it!!! Thanks Nat, it made me smile.
FYI, I got a depressing msg from the ex husband telling me how much he loves me and blah, blah, blah.........