5.31.2006

Old Habits Die Hard

Next time I'm like this will be the true test...


So did I mention that I have only had one cigarette since Sunday? That's right. Sunday approximately at 11:30 a.m. to be exact. I have recently become so disgusted with this habit of mine that I am trying to use the late great unpleasantness (aka my now almost-week-long-illness-that-doesn't-seem-to-be-getting-any-better-with-antibiotics) to just nip it in the bud. Or butt, whatever more appropriate. Almost 4 whole days.

It's now a battle of my psyche...and we all know how stable that psyche of mine is!

Well, the true test is that next Miller Lite I have or glass of Shiraz. I haven't had a drink yet to instigate the musthavecigarettewiththatcocktail habit, but we'll cross that bridge when my sense of smell and or taste buds decide to return...



3 comments:

ReBeKaH said...

WAY TO GO!!!! YOUR AWSOME!!! KEEP IT UP!! hopefully you'll be able to keep it up when you feel better or have a drink or two!
Love you and miss you!

JAB said...

Good for you my friend! May the quitting faries be with you!

Kate The Great said...

We are totally soul sisters. I'm a drinker/smoker too. Lately I've been able to stay away from the smokes, but Saturday I found myself drinking some of those massive beers at the Hofbrauhaus (Dunkel has the highest alcohol content) and of course I had to whore myself around to find a cig.

It was damn good, but I felt like crap the day after...