4.06.2006

Bored

that's my vee

I'm having one of those days. You know the kind. When nothing in the world can hold your attention for more than say, 10 consecutive seconds. Yes, that kind. Today I am bored. Bored, bored, bored. I've been trying to complete just one task I need to today, but I am rendered completely useless. Even IMing isn't satisfying me and well, that usually tides me over till the whistle blows. Nope, not today. Today I keep thinking how I need a vacation. How I wish I were in D.C. right now. How I wish I were playing with Merriwether & SEDW in that favorite city of mine. How I should just get in the car and go so I can see my family in Virgina, too. Today, I am not concerned with the tasks listed on my to-do list, rather when I get home, what I'll have for dinner and what is on TV because I'm feeling pretty fat. I'm concerned right now by these utterly-delicious Cadbury mini-eggs that are sitting on my desk beckoning me to eat them. Bite into that delightful crunchy shell and let the marshmellowy chocolate disolve in my mouth. Wow. I must be PMSing, I don't even like chocolate. I am kind of sad today, because I realized that in 8 months and 1-hour, 41-minutes I will be 30. I need a kiss. And a hug. And I'm feeling kind of needy today. I'm wondering how on earth they thought Meredith Viera would be a good replacement for Katie Couric on the Today show. Ann Curry is so much better, and come on, you're replacing an avid philanthropist for someone who hosted Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. I can plan events and cook pretty well. Do you think they'll give me a show on the Food Network. I am also broke. Broke, Broke, Broke. $106 in the old checking account and counting down until the tumbleweeds roll through and the crickets chirp. Keeneland opens tomorrow and I have spent the better part of the week convincing myself how I do not need to spend the remaining balance in my checking account on $2 bets on the jockey in pink or the oversized cups of cold Miller Lite. Sigh. Soon I’ll be facing a life without credit cards, sigh, and probably a second job. Sigh, sigh. I need new clothes but I’m sure my mother’s pity factor has grown thin and she probably won’t cough up $200 bucks so her poor daughter could buy some capri pants and maybe some fun skirts at the Gap. Sigh, sigh, sigh. Abby is shedding a lot lately. Each day I go home it looks like she’s exploded all of her hair on the mini-me couches in the Hobbit House. I just had to buy red couches. She’s going to be pissed because today isn’t a good day for a squirrel chase and after 4 days in a row, she’s gotten smart enough to think it’s become a routine. Yes, poor Abby is just going to just be mellow and fat with her mom tonight. 8 months, 1-hour and 24-minutes remain until I turn 30. My skin is starting to age and its kind of depressing. It’s kind of lizardy looking these days. That’s so hawt. I wish it were warm enough where you could sit outside and enjoy the breeze today. I wish I were at my PZ's lake house drinking a nice vino and catching up on all things sentimental. I wonder if it's possible my youngest cousin will be 12 on Sunday. I was a size 6 when he was born. I need a vacation. And a pedicure. That would be great. I wonder how Mandisa got voted of American Idol last night. I really didn't see it coming. I've decided my B.F. Chris really doesn't like the other contestants. He just tolerates them because he is so much better than everyone. Even though that Pickler girl is a ditz, I did learn that she says "sal-mon" the same way I do. That is redeeming. If Vee comes to play in LexVegas next week we are so poor that we are going to have to smoke Barclay cigarettes and drink white zinfandel out of a Franzia box-o-wine. Awesome. I wonder if NB-C is having fun in the rain at opening day at the Legends. We can't all have perfect days on our vacations (come back). Qdoba was free today at lunch. Only spent $2.30 for it because of my reward club card or whatever. That was the best quacamole & Coke I ever paid for. Yawn. 8 months, 1-hour, 7-minutes....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hun. I love you! **KISS**