4.20.2006

All I Want for Christmas...

Well, there's no time like the present to think about what I want for Christmas or my birthday (30) for that matter, this year.

Especially because I finally took the plunge, bit the bullet, cashed in the chips (damn, I hate that word)...I finally have taken a step towards paying the massive amount of debt I have collected over the last year. Woo hoo. So the unofficial celebration date is February 2011. Be sure to mark it down. Of course, I'm hoping to widdle that down no later than February 2010. Nice way to start a new decade and all. Yep. Spent a lot of money. I guess it's not free after all.

Why is it that I don't learn once? What is it about me that makes me learn everything the hard way!

Best line of the day: "Oh, have you been a client here before?"

Enthusiastic reply by yours truly: "Why, yes! Yes, I have...just didn't seem to learn my lesson the first time!"


No credit cards for the next five years.

POW! Beotch

Goodbye GAP. Goodbye Nordstrom. Goodbye Macy's, Pottery Barn, and Crate & Barrel. I'm not sure what I've bought but I'm sure it was good and I'm sure I'm going to miss it a lot more because now I can't play with you. Goodbye expensive dinners & good wine. Goodbye vaca's without a care. Sianora parties thrown for the sake of throwing them. Thanks for the memories...we sure have had a good ride.

Sssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh...............

You mean I'm not Ivana Trump after all? Inhale. Exhale. Repeat.

God, I'd love a cigarette for this. And a cocktail. Days like this are made for cigarettes and cocktails.

So all I want for Christmas 2006 (aka all that I would have bought if I had the spending power to do so):
  • Vanilla Bean Henri Bendel candles (en masse)
  • 5 pairs of tinted authentic GAP Long & Leans
  • 10 days in Maui & Kauai or maybe somewhere in Europe (hotel is courtesy of Hilton Honors points and airfare courtesy of Delta, people please--even I have some sense of reality)
  • 3 trips to Gulfport to visit Vee.
  • 3 trips to Washington DC to visit SEDW & Merriwether as well as the VA fam clan.
  • 5-10 pairs of shoes from Nordstroms.
  • Maybe a nice little bobble from Tiffany's. Just cause.
  • A new bottle of Gucci Rush just in case I run out.
  • Hair products. Lots of hair products.
  • Oil changes and maybe a tune up for the Honda.
  • 5 or 6 more StoryPeople prints. Can you really ever have enough?
  • Gift certificates for my nails to get filled. I'm having a tough time figuring out how I'm going to keep this habit up but I just don't see myself letting go of pretty nails.
  • Groceries.
  • Wine.
  • Gas. Gas. Gas. Suddenly, it's become apparent I'll never be able to let my tank go below 3/4 of the way full.
  • Make-up.
  • Nose job/boob lift.
  • Hot boyfriend. (That one maybe I can find on my own, but am glad to accept cash donations to fine online dating site/blind date/parties thrown in my honor/etc./etc./etc.)

For right now I think that should suffice. I'm going to be shopping at Wal-MartS instead of Target (say it with me. . .tarh-jhay). Dining on Roast Beef Ramen instead of Filet Mignon from Malone's, and BOGO'ing at Payless instead of having the latest from my pal Steve Madden or Nine West.

I am so not good at being poor.

Oh wait, I already am.

Rephrase. I am so not good at pretending not to be poor.

5 comments:

KJ said...

Sadly, I found myself agreeing with this whole thing....

I'm not good at pretending to be poor either....*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Hold onto the feeling you had of being rich it was grand and You sure had a good time!!!!!! One way I have found to compensate - make more money - (get a new job,ebay business or a second job) .....more salary helps believe your mother - the one who taught you to spend....sooooooooooo well! (and the one who will have to buy you 5 years of many of the things on that list) . Hey by lentgth of the payments -you bought a new car - one pair of shoes at a time!

NB-C said...

The Wal-mart thing will last two days...and I can't see you going anywhere near a Payless....but, you did the right thing Ms. Rockefeller. I'm still trying to tell myself that I'm fiscally responsible...even though we know that's not the case!

Does this mean we have to give up Qdoba?

The Notorious N.A.T said...

I totally did buy a new car. I thought about it last night. LOL. I'll never give up the Q...sob, sob, still crying...

Kate The Great said...

Nat, come up to Cincinnati and I will teach you all kinds of tricks to Living Large On The Cheap (I am going to write a book about that someday). I haven't used credit cards in five years and I only have about 2K in debt. Even still, I feel like sometimes I live like a high roller (and I work in TV, so you know that's not true.

This is going to be the most positive step you can take to secure a rich and luxurious future!!

PS, I posted a reply to you on my blog.