3.08.2006

An interesting turn of events

I got paid a great Compliment the other day.

The Compliment Giver said to me "I just love being near you." And at the time I kind of laughed...but when I let it sink in, when I added it to the noise, it said something to me that I may consider profound.

I think it might have been one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

The road trip to Atlanta with The Boys was filled with compilations of Limp Bizkit, Coldplay and 80's hair bands mixed with laughter and revelations previously unknown but filed into memory under "for later use as serious teasing and harassment."

Bowling turned out not to be too bad.



Had fun hanging out with English Andy whom I haven't gotten to play with in a long time.

...Drank Miller Lite out of cups that were probably no bigger than a large shot glass and later paid $5 for one in a bottle. Didn't make an ass out of myself.



Got paid an incredible compliment.


Saw pear trees in bloom and felt the warmth of a 70-degree day.



Saw Mr. Penny who was at my place of employment this morning on business.

That darned old Mr. Penny...

All in all, not a bad way to start the week. Of course, I do have to pick up My Girl Abby (yay!) from the husband formerly-known-as-mine tonight and don't forget I have to PAY him for watching her (in cash, not in trade). Mr. Penny who happens to live, I don't know, like right across the street from the husband-formerly known-as-mine, wants me to come over for some crazy concoction of raisin pie that his sister made for his birthday. Of course, when asking him what the hell raisin pie was he says, "You could come over for a piece." UM, OK??? WTF. I just don't get it.

Oh, did I mention that this week is All The Pisces Men birthday week...Or should I say, All The Pisces Men birthday 24-hours. I mean is it really possible they could have been born within 24-hours of each other? Within One day! ONE!


PS: The Compliment Giver is not a Pisces.

2 comments:

Kate The Great said...

Don't you just love a good compliment? I never realized how much I loved compliments until someone gave me one and I thanked her profusely. She replied that giving them is the best/free-est thing you can do. Now I give them when the moment strikes me...

Sounds like you had a good roadtrip. I'm jealous... I love those.

Anonymous said...

I've LIVED 36 years
and LAUGHED away hours with you
and LOVE you very, very much

your 2