4.01.2008

In My Next Life...

...All I want is a healthy metabolism, thin genetics, and a willpower substantially stronger than the one I currently possess.

Went to the dubdub last night. Ah, the familiarity. This one is nicer than my former WW center in LexVegas. You just step on the scale right at the registration desk. Makes sense. It's nicely painted too. More of a taupe instead of Pepto pink like the former. More bright and airy, too. Substantially more annoying meeting leader is the weak spot. But maybe it's nice overall mojo will help me shed another 30 pesky pounds. I did keep thinking to myself, although I've joined, re-joined, re-re-joined (you get the idea), I have kept 35 pounds off since 2003 (or was it 2002?). That's kinda a long time, so maybe there is something that really works. I also forgot how much the first week sucks. Not cause it's that different than what I usually eat, just cause it's because now someone says I shouldn't.

Two weeks in and I'll feel noticeably different - I just have to remind myself of that certainty. That and how damn good I'm going to look in that dress that's been hanging in my closet since this time last year.

But right now, all I want is a damn cupcake.


1 comment:

JAB said...

That's awesome that you've kept that off for this long!!! Good for you!

If I could keep L out of the damn hospital and stop comfort eating I would be doing pretty good!!! Geesh!