4.02.2008

Impending NKOTB Reunion: 3 Days Down, 1 To Go


Sweet baby Jesus, thank you for this miracle.

Thank you, sweet baby Jesus, dressed in your finest polka dotted shirt, black pattened leather-lace-up shoes, and rat tail, for this beautiful photograph of the SOON TO BE REUNITED New Kids On The Block, looking ever so flipping hot in 2008.

Thank you, sweet baby Jesus, for giving an otherwise dreadfully long week something to look forward to on what would surely be an otherwise dull and boring Friday morning.

Thank you, sweet baby Jesus, for bringing my nephew into the world, so that I could unknowingly have to choosen my first 7-hour trip home to see him, over the impending reunion of said favorite-life-long band in a city that is only 3-hours away.

Thank you, sweet baby Jesus, that Joe is still effing hot. For Jon, surprisingly looking exactly the same, yet somehow, hotter. For Donnie, gracefully less rebelious and able to carry himself quite well in a perfectly tailored suit. For Jordan, looking, well, not a thing like the Jordan I remember? And for Danny. Sweet little forgotten about Danny.

Sweet baby Jesus, thank you for answering the one prayer I thought might never get answered. For giving me a reason to stalk and obsess again. For allowing me to analyze how queerly Jon is standing (does he ever stand up straight?). For shedding a new perspective on the face that belongs to Donnie, cause DAAAYYYUUUMMM, he's looking HOT.
Just sayin.

5 comments:

Rima and Kevin said...

I think they all look better except for (sniff) my old fave, Jordan. Sigh. I guess he looks a bit less fruity than he used to. I'll just never look at him the same after The Surreal Life. Well, unless he can pull of a "Baby I Believe In You" performance like he used to. I think it's hilarious they seemed kind of old and out of reach to us and my husband is the same age as Joey. Huh.

NB-C said...

Oh. my.

This could be bad...we might not ever get you back....

JAB said...

Nat - I would actually pay money to be where I could see you tomorrow morning when they perform!

Hope you have fun giving Gavin lots of love.

Unknown said...

I'll have to agree with Rima, Jordan didn't really grow into his hotness like Joey did. HEL-LO Joey!! He should have won Dancing with the Stars, that bitch got the sympathy vote!

The Notorious N.A.T said...

It seems odd that they are like, in their late thirties and that seems old to me. Considering, I myself, am in my thirties and it makes me feel slightly dirty for lusting after what are now, truly, middle aged men. Maybe it's because I refuse to grow up.