9.24.2007

Delinquent

I was sick. That's the only excuse for leaving you without fresh content for the last week. That and I am lazy. It's weird, because it seems like the days go by so quickly and while I'm busy, I should have a better excuse than the aformentioned as to why I have not updated my blog. The Kentucky Wildcats have moved up to a number 14 spot - and perhaps it's my amazement at that feat alone that has left me bewildered and utterly unable to say much more. Who really would have thought. Perhaps it's the congestion in my head or the fantastic weather that has befallen the Northern Virginia area. Whatever the reason, I'm a slacker.

I spent an hour or so, talking with my sister tonight. We were looking online at names for my 12-week old embryotic niece or nephew. It's still so unbelievable that we can have this conversation, or that there might really be a kid that will come stay with it's REAL aunt in the years to come. As optimistic as I am, maybe my hope was always too jaded to believe I'd really have this splendid blessing. Maybe I never thought I'd really get to be a REAL LIVE AUNT. But it seems, as we near the 12-week milestone, that this kid is hanging on...I'm sure my cousin could say that it's doing just that. (Everyday, I think you are amazing, Shannon).

It doesn't seem possible that it's the end of September. Somehow there has been a whole year that has gone by in the blink of an eye. I remember these weeks last year as if they were only yesterday, can see the sunshine of those long ago months, and remember what the ushering in of October meant to me. How long ago, how it feels like it was just here. How I was just there. Perhaps it's this time of year that I will always hold so tight to. How the days become poetic as the nights get all the longer.

I had a date on Friday. It was horrible, to say the least. You know, people should teach their children how to have manners. Especially men who are lawyers. More on that later.

You really should watch the show Tell Me You Love Me on HBO. This is the show I've been waiting for...

Anyway, I've got to jet. It seems The Bachelor is on and somebody just lost a faux boob and I really can't take it anymore. I am so really old. Especially when the antics of the boobless wonder isn't very funny anymore.

Cheers.

2 comments:

sue said...

I'm sorry you've been sick... I'm glad you're back.

Kim said...

Son of a...we forgot to talk about the bad date! I guess we'll have to get together again. Darn. :)