8.16.2007

I Seriously Have Issues

Just sitting at my desk (at home, not at work of course), and was going to reapply some lipstick after lunch. What I discovered in my purse was that I might have a problem. I mean, six lipsticks, three glosses, and three liners? If my very limited math skills are correct, that equates to twelve seperate units. I am only one person. There are only seven days in a week. How much lipstick does one need exactly? As you can discern, I am not a brand loyal shopper (for the most part).

Here we have many major brands represented. For example, the trio of lipliners from Revlon (Mocha colorstay), MAC (in Whirl), and the newest by Lorac (number 8). Gotta give a shout out to my lipsticks from L'Oreal in the essential staple shades of Naked Ambition and Fawn Fatale (ooh la la), as well as yesterday's Wearable Rose from Bare Escentuals, the super slick and shiny Raisin Cane by Benefit, a recent add of Lancome's Amande Sucree, and today's special by Nars in Masai. Of course one can never have too many glosses, and my preference for lipgloss is always Lancome. It's the only kind that actually stays on my lips for more than 6.2 seconds. My favorite is Dreamsicle, (only second best to the staple Miracle that was recently purchased and then promptly forgotten in an Anaheim hotel), and we also have Berry Bold. This little sample from Clinique is called Camisole, and it tastes like poo.

I think maybe my makeup fetish may need to get in check. How can a young hipster like myself (fantastic play on words) ever fulfill her dreams of being rich if she keeps spending it on $16 tubes of rose-colored bliss?

I may not be rich but at least my lips look good. And if they don't, I only have myself to blame.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We aren't going to start counting lip products. That's all I'm sayin'...