8.02.2007

The Best News I Could Ever Receive

My cousin is pregnant.

I'm going to be an aunt...

Can I just express how freaking amazing Shannon is? To give so much of herself for this opportunity to give my sister the greatest gift of life? To not give up and hold fast her determination...We got the news yesterday, and after an early call stating that the urine test was positive followed by some long hours spent waiting for the blood test to confirm, it seems my little sister may soon be a mom. How wonderful and utterly unbelievable. It hit me in a swell of emotion after my four hour delayed plane took off the ground...A flood of tears came over me. So much love for Rebekah, for Shannon, for all of the miracles that have and will continue to bless them, and us.

So please keep our family (growing! family) in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks...On to the 12-week milestone.

This is life's wonderment, these are the miracles we pray for, this is what is rewarded by faith, and hope, and love.

It seems so real. So true that the greatest is always Love.

5 comments:

JAB said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I know your mom and dad must be thrilled too! I was just telling our secretaries about the story and we all had goose bumps!

Congrats to the whole gang.

Barbara WM said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you all! :) You can officially take my title of BEST AUNT EVER!! I am sure you will earn it! :) I will now be shooting for the new title of best slacker mom. :)

Anonymous said...

You are right on love, sister. Children add more of that than you could ever measure. You will be such a great influence on your little niece/nephew's life. I am so, so happy for you. Love, Beth

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Congrats to all.

Kate The Great said...

I am so late on this. Congratulations! Aunt-hood is phenomenal. What a miraculous gift on all accounts! I've got my fingers crossed for 12 weeks +.