2.13.2007

To All My Valentines

I was thinking tonight about how much difference a year makes when it comes to Valentine's day. I loathe this holiday, really. I always have. It seems sort of pointless to have to designate a day to tell people how you feel about them. Shouldn't Valentine's day be everyday? Do we really need a holiday to remind us to buy gifts, go to restaurants, or send cards? Last year, I was like the angry chick stuck in a circle of "what if" hell. This year, I really couldn't care less. I don't need the reassurance this year to know, to feel, that I have lots of Valentines out there, who give me love day in and day out, and not only on one day a year. That makes me happy, just to know that.

So to all my Valentines - my friends, near and far, may you know how much I love you and cherish you, and thank you for the blessings you bring to my life. It is my hope that even when I don't tell you, you always know that I am appreciative for all the moments we share.

To each of you who share my journey, to my truest of true, year in and year out, Valentines...

May you know that I miss you not being in Lexington, Trev. May you know, JAB, how glad I am that we are coming to know each other again. May you know, Jules, that the memories we've had together are some of the most favorite of my life. May you know that I will always think you are beautiful, Slimy. May you know, Beek, how my heart is full because of you. May you know, Mr. Penny, that I'm still thankful for the laughter we share. May you know, SEDW, that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish we could be together to talk for hours as if they were only minutes. May you know, Belgian, that our friendship and our souls likeness will leave me forever changed. May you know, NB-C, how thankful I am that my family only lives two miles away, and that my wedding dress resides, perpetually, in your basement. May you know, Vee, that there isn't a day I don't wish you were on the other couch watching movies with me, or smoking and drinking red wine with me, here. May you know that your sons and daughters smiles warm my soul, and that I can't wait to know all of the children yet to come. May each of you know that our goodbyes always break my heart because of the love I have for our friendship.

You are all my Valentines.

Not just on this day.

But on every day.

4 comments:

NB-C said...

Ummmm yeah...about that wedding dress. Let's make this V-day the day you finally sell the damn thing...along with the wedding ring...

SEDW said...

Happy Heart Day to you, my true friend. I agree with NB-C - celebrate heart day by doing that!

Rima and Kevin said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Nez. Joey sends drooly kisses your way. xo Slimy

Staci said...

That was a really sweet post. I try to tell the people in my life how special they are as much as I can