2.25.2007

Hmmmmmm.....

Not sure where I've been the last week and a half, but it sure hasn't been on Blogger.

Bygones.

Might as well catch up now...

I'm settling in to watch the Oscars and I'll probably make it till about 10:45 before I fall asleep, because like clock work, I do it every year. Right. Before. They. Announce. The. Good. One. My vote is going to the fabulous "Little Miss Sunshine" for best picture. I adore that flick. But then again, I think the only other film I've seen is "The Departed" and I loved that too, but more in a graphically violent sort of way. Can't wait until I catch up on all these movies on Netflix. Can I just say that Ryan Secrest is annoying and should be banned from pre-Oscar red carpet reporting. I can't bring myself to listen to Joan & Melissa Rivers so I'll just shut up now.

Went to the 'Nati yesterday to visit Slimy and Joey. Hello, please just take a look at His Royal Cuteness...

This is Joey right after waking up from a nap. Hello! Have you ever seen ANYONE be that jovial after a nap? He's sure got his grouchy aunt Nat beat. I hadn't seen Joey since he was about ten days old, but I fell back in love with him the second I saw him again. Had a great time with his momma and daddy too - although it never ceases to amaze me how much Slimy and I have grown up since our first days of friendship in 1989...


In other rousing misadventures...


Finally got my nappy roots highlighted again. It's only been since the end of November. The ewwwww factor was at an all time high. Give me a break. Our fabulous hair chick is on maternity leave and as for any other excuses, unfortunately, I don't have any.

Finally cleaned my nasty apartment. Really cleaned it. Mopped and everything. It's only been since like October since I last mopped. Feelin' pretty happy about that. It's not at perfect clean status, but I'd rate it an 8 out of 10. I kinda want to move out of the Hobbit House. But seeing as I'm not sure where I want to land, I should probably just clean more often. And throw out a lot of stuff I don't need/use/wear anymore to give me some more space.


Finally went to Gulfport after a year long abscence. Had a great time with NB-C & Vee. Behaved very well at Mardi Gras. Survived crowd phobia and germ phobia quite well, I must say.


I'm sucked into the MTV's "The Hills." There is something strange in knowing how different LA girls are from those of us on the Eastern half of the country. For some reason, I really dig that show. It's kinda like the crack for this middle aged GAP-wearing-chick. I think I find myself fantasizing about having that blonde of hair, working for Teen Vogue, wearing designer clothing, eating out every night, and then hitting the hottest club with boys named Brody. Why? Because it's so not like me.


If you haven't had a listen to Paolo Nutini, you really should. A friend of mine turned me on to him a few months back and I am officially head over heels for his music. Good news is, looks like English Andy and I will get to go to a concert of his in Atlanta the night before leaving for the cruise. He's freaking HOT. Paolo that is. But he's only 19, so it's a little like being Mrs. Robinson.


I've been trying to brush up on my French a little. You would think that 8-years of French would enable you to have some ability to speak it or conjugate sentences with all those words that you can still retain. But no. So far, I should be able to explain to customs why I'll be in Paris.

"Je suis ici en voyage d'affaires pour quelques jours et aussi visite à mon ami, le Belge. Oui, j'adore le Belge!"



Yep. I really need a new change of scenery.

4 comments:

JAB said...

madame Brille would be so proud! Ahhh, the good ol' days!

Rima and Kevin said...

Joey loooved seeing his Aunt Natalie. Come back soon!

Kate The Great said...

Next time you come to Cincy - please ring me! I'd love to catch up with my Lexington Twin :)

Staci said...

Joey is adorable? And I fell asleep during the oscars too.