8.28.2006

Here's What I Have To Say

Mostly, it's nothing.

I've been staring at this same blank screen for the last six days. So here's what I would say if I could.

I feel like I'm in a vortex right now. I'm standing still and everything is moving around me. Or maybe I'm moving and everything else is standing still. Sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow, but it's fucking me up. I feel absolutely nothing right now. I'm not sad. I'm not happy. I'm just indifferent. Indifferent about everything.

My body is changing. I noticed today when I put on one of my favorite button down shirts this morning. I seem to be swimming in it. As of Friday, I am only down 4 measely pounds, but I can feel a difference in the way my body seems to be shrinking. Thankfully, my new Gold's Gym hobby, strike that, addiction is actually working. I know, right. Novel idea. Bravo, Nat. Bravo.

I am in a constant state of aggitation. I am pissed off perpetually.

This picture makes me smile:




I am a junkie when it comes to death and destruction. A year ago tomorrow, I sat glued to the television for a week-solid because of Hurricane Katrina. Yesterday, I sat glued to the television for 12-hours of vague updates about the plane crash of flight 5191.

I love this song. And I love the movie Elizabethtown. I spent 60-minutes on the treadmill the other day because Elizabethtown was on. I forgot how much I liked that movie. Vee concurs.

This picture of my Flossie makes me hap-hap happy. My mom sent it to me last week from their trip to my favorite city. She said that Flossie made her take this picture of she and "her hero."


That would be FDR for all you non-liberal kind. Incidentally, one of the best presidents in history with the exception of my beloved Thomas Jefferson and the greatest of all time, and noone can convince me otherwise, William Jefferson Clinton.

One day, I will share with you all what happens at my parents house during an election year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew a lady on that flight, she was the mother of two of my HS classmates. I was glued to the news as well yesterday. Have you read old Bill's book? I have Hillary's and want to start reading it soon but I thought his might be more interesting.