8.14.2006

Cento

I am completely un-original and stole the premise for this post from one of my favorite Blogger's - Kris at I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Wino. I feel like I should have balloon's or streamer's today for my 100th post. But alas, today isn't really such a good day - so we'll just settle for the following:

10 years ago...I was 19 and working in my grandfather’s pharmacy for the summer. It was the summer before my junior year in college. I loved that job and loved working for my family. For the first time in my life I thought – this is a career I could have – to be a pharmacist. But I didn’t change directions in my college classes, I just stayed on the path and reserved my mentality for what I wanted to do post graduation (but didn’t), and that was be a pharmaceutical rep.

5 years ago... I had been married for three months. I was unemployed and vacationing at my aunt & uncle’s farm in Virginia. Five years ago this Thursday (8/17) I was offered a job with my current employer. I was also having a lot of arrhythmia and had to have a battery of tests – most of the tests occurred on 9/11.

1 year ago...I was looking at buying a house. Instead I found my apartment. I had a horrible Miranda moment.

Yesterday...I saw my grandparents, had lunch with my parents and my sister at a favorite Greek restaurant, saw my cousin’s new condo, and drove home from Columbus.

Today...While driving to work I hit a dog. Of all the things I hit a dog. And then I hit another car. In front of a mom and her two kids. I wrecked my car and someone else’s and possibly killed a dog. I have spent a lot of time feeling bad and trying not to cry. I am completely stressed about the conference I plan at work.

Tomorrow...will be a new day.

5 snacks I enjoy...well, given the new WW restrictions…hummus & veggies, Goldfish crackers, guacamole, cheese, and Haribo gummi bears.

5 songs I know all the words to… Sweetest Goodbye by Maroon 5, Breathe Me by Sia, I’m Not Ready to Make Nice by Dixie Chicks, Sailing by Christopher Cross, and Cannonball by Damien Rice.

5 regrets...Not taking my college career more seriously, not moving to DC after college, not making that phone call senior year, not knowing myself better before getting married, not leaving sooner.

5 television shows I watch weekly...Project Runway, Rescue Me (right now), Nip/Tuck, Sopranos, and Survivor (when they are on).

5 things I would do with $100,000,000...pay off my debt and my parents and friends debt, donate a few million to the Pulmonary Hypertension Association, start my own carryout/catering business, invest, travel to fabulous and luxurious locations around the world.

5 locations I would love to run away to...Tuscany, The Greek Isles, Kauai, Bali, Australia/New Zealand.

5 things I hate doing...Yardwork, washing floors, putting away laundry, confronting someone, disappointing anyone.

5 things I like doing...Cooking, traveling, being with my friends, reading and swimming.

5 things I would never wear…white shoes before memorial day, any combination of brown/black together, nude hose with sandals, horizontal stripes, banana clips.

5 recently seen movies I like...The Way We Were, Shopgirl, Talladega Nights, Capote, Crash.

5 famous people I'd like to meet...Thomas Jefferson, Anderson Cooper, Joseph Fiennes, NKOTB, and Tina Turner. This is a hard one because I can’t think of anyone specifically other than my boy TJ.

5 biggest joys of the moment
...Not a good day to answer that! I guess I’d have to say – my family, my friends, my girl Abby, my health and my boy DJW.

5 comments:

Kate The Great said...

Oh honey. I'm sorry about yesterday's accident.

I promise, things will get better.

I was in an AWFUL funk last week (Biscuit) but I'm all better... It pales in comparison to what you were dealing with, but I was bumming something awful...

ps. I'm going to snag your post idea...

Anonymous said...

6: The spring is turning your face to mine, i can hear your laughter, i can see your smile...
Slave to Love, oh i am...

ReBeKaH said...

who the heck is that anonymous person? whoever it is it's cheesy!

i love you sis! i cried at work yesterday when i heard about the accident. I knew you were okay i just had a rush of emotions about it before i read the whole story.

The Notorious N.A.T said...

Bek - leave my anonymous alone - it's not cheezy - it's a song -

Denae said...

hey- how are you since your accident??!!! i hit a dog in my parent's neighborhood one day. it was bound to happen. the durn dog chases cars. it ran out of the garage and smack into the front of my car. i screamed, cried and the owners treated me like i was a mass murderer. hey, keep it out of the street!! i hope you feel better