7.31.2006

Everybody's Workin' For the Weekend

You Are 55% Normal

While some of your behavior is quite normal...
Other things you do are downright strange
You've got a little of your freak going on
But you mostly keep your weirdness to yourself

I think I'm back to semi-normal. I mean semi only because I am not sure if I am ever truly normal. Or I guess it would depend on your interpretation of normal. Anyway, you get the point.

So I am kind of going to keep this post to just random cause I'm not really in the mood to blog, but NB-C has requested an update. According to the latest count, I'm only a few posts shy of 100. I guess even I run out of things to say. Anyway, these days Kate's a bloggin' fool so there ain't no way I can keep up with her...

Here's the skinny (of which I am not) on the last 7-days:

  • Well the hormones seem to be back on track. That was kind of brutal...and no I'm not exaggerating.
  • Finally seem to be out of the deep blue funk as I seemed to be last week. Don't worry kids, the next 30-years will be fabulous.
  • Had 2nd annual pink party on Saturday. Note to self: Mr. Penny does not like fabulously loud bright pink boa's. Synopsis: it was hot outside, there was a lot of food, there were fewer people, no real drama, and yet the police came?
  • Heading to favorite city on Thursday for some quality time with my boyfriend DJW, his mom & dad, and then to see my family in VA. I cannot freaking wait.
  • Included in plans for long weekend are to talk to my favorite uncle about moving to the area. Not sure but definitely thinking about it. Only problem is I haven't updated my resume in five years. And I don't know where the last one is. Back to scratch it is!
  • Got to see Julia & Trevor on Saturday. Had rockin good time and will miss Trev when she moves to sunny St. Pete. :(
  • My door is deadbolted.
  • WARNING: Possible Netflix addiction coming! Watched Crash & Shopgirl yesterday. NB-C, I gotta say, I liked Crash. Shopgirl is a new "Nat" movie. I also watched The Way We Were last weekend. "Your girl is lovely Hubbell"...Ya, that's a whole 'nother blog.

Here is the Nat quote of Shopgirl:

Ray: Just so you know. I'm sorry for the way I treated you.

Mirabelle: I know.

Ray: I did love you.

Mirabelle: All right.

As Ray Porter watched his Mirabelle walk away....he feels a loss. How is it possible, he thinks to miss a woman whom he kept at a distance so that when she was gone he would not miss her. Only then did he realize how wanting part of her and not all of her had hurt them both and how he cannot justify his actions except that...well...it was life.

I think that's all I got. All I know is that I can't wait for a nice long weekend away from here to the place I love almost best of all. I have a few extra bucks in my pocket and maybe a little extra spring in my step and MyOhMy I can't wait to see that little man of mine.

6 comments:

NB-C said...

If you move to Va I will kill you...I can't have one best friend in M-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I...and one that far north...

Anonymous said...

When did the cops come and why? When I left there were only a handful of people left.

Kate The Great said...

Oh how I wish I made it to the Pink Party. I even just got two new, pink skirts that would have been perfect for the occasion.

The cops? I love it when the cops come. There was this one party I had where practically everybody there was a TV personality, and the cops called everyone out...

But that's another story.

Glad you're back to semi-normal, I am on my way as well.

The Notorious N.A.T said...

Technically, Virginia is the South. And it's more due East...but, well ya. The cops came because the neighbors with the flowers called. It was when we were leaving and quite funny cause the cop was like 12 and had a big chaw in his mouth. They didn't do anything and said it wasn't loud so no big deal...

Kate, wish you had come too - it would have been great to see you!

JAB said...

How do you like Netflix? I've been on Beak for us to join but he just loves his $$ way to much.

NB-C said...

Have you abandoned this blog now that you are in bliss? New post please!