7.02.2007

Monday

This day started like any other. Except there was a crisp coolness in the air as I took Abby out this morning. A flawless sky. A warm sun without the threat of the oppressive humidity I like to call "July." A beautiful day, coupled with the best friend who is visiting this week. And the impending sighting of a gorgeous giggling Frenchman...

It all went to shit at about 10:00 a.m..

Today was one of those days that will make me cuss (32 F-bombs), drink (0 but looking up), and smoke (6 by 12:30). A lot. Without going into the dirty details due to possible litigation that might come my way, lets just say, I might not have made a good judgement call on the company I now call mine. There are some who like to throw me under the bus, yet others who just don't respond--well, they respond, just not to me--and some practices long ingrained, that I'm not sure may ever be changed. Even with my persuasive, sparkling and effervescent personality...

Plus I hit a car, kind of backed into it when I was furiously leaving to return to the pit of despair. There was a man across the street who I'm 110% sure saw me do it. But alas, he might take pity on me (since I did get a speeding ticket this weekend), and be a kind soul and not leave a note on the unsuspecting victims dash telling of my wicked hit-and-run-way. It was only a tap. Gentle, kiss on the cheek if you will.

Anyway...


The Gorgeous Giggly Frenchman (to be referred to herein as TGGF) has arrived on these shores once again. He is as dark and beautiful as I remember him to be. And he is as giggly as he was before. But this time he is asking questions. This time I was greeted with a great big smile and a "hiiiiiiiiiiiiii." Oh, and a follow up "It's hard to be sad around you, isn't it?" A lovely, poigniant, question from what one can only surmise as a natural response to that big dorky grin I gave him ((as our eyes locked for those three long seconds I convienently (read: strategically)) walked back to my desk from the printer).

Pshew. That was a long sentance.

Did I mention that he is sitting at the desk to my left?

And he is suggesting cocktails...Tee hee...

And he has no plans other than to sleep this weekend...

I'm sorry, did I hear that correctly?

Reaaaally?


Muauahhahhhaaaa....



I don't know. Might I suggest a companion?



(Mom, ha ha I'm just kidding. I would never suggest that a GGF need a beautiful bedfellow such as your daughter. It's only a joke. Please. You rasied me better than that. I mean...sheesh. Such silly talk. Bygones.)

3 comments:

Kate The Great said...

You make me green with envy - a handsome man and a prospect to set your sights on.

All I have is a bottle of riesling in the fridge and a yearning for some cookies.

Patience. I must remind myself that it is a virtue...

The Notorious N.A.T said...

Yes, prospect that true to form can offer no possibility of commitment. I think this is a trend?

Wait.

I'm quite certain it is.

Maybe I should blog about my total fear of commitment as a postscript?

JAB said...

Did he bring champagne????