7.05.2007

I Said A Prayer For You Today

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've been so caught up in my life as of late, I haven't relayed the most important happening in my family right now.

My sister is trying to have a baby.

So, in 10-days, she and her husband will get on a plane and go to Los Angeles, alongside our cousin and her husband and try to make one.

You can read her story here.

It's a story about survival. And of defying the odds. A long road travelled in a relatively short time. Of love. Of hope. Of sacrafice. A journey where you will find the ultimate example of unselfishness...

And when you have read her story, may you take away with the lessons I have come to learn from being blessed by her over the last 22-years. She offers a lesson more valuable than many are ever able to learn.

These are only a few of the lessons she has taught me.

Live each day with acceptance, with defiance, with inner beauty, with grace. Smile. Laugh, a lot. Create your own reality. Let go. Trust. Believe. Be happy. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Have hope. And faith. Love wildly, love more than conventional wisdom says you should. Believe. Rebel. Take chances. Don't. Ever. Give. Up. Sometimes, the only thing in life you can control is the way you deal with defeat. Laugh. Let go. Be a good person. Sing like you have an awesome voice. Write. Express yourself. Just be happy. Life is hard. Get over it. Take time to cry. Believe. Laugh. Choose to create your destiny instead of letting your destiny choose you. Be yourself. Be it well. Laugh. Let go. Don't take anything for granted. Choose to be happy. Some lessons you never want to have to learn. Sometimes the truth hurts more than you thought it could. Some decisions have to be made ahead of time. Life is hard. But who said an easy life is any way to really live...


May God continue to bless you my sweet sister. May you know how very much I love you and support you, and how much I look forward to more of your unsuspecting life lessons.

Thank you, Shannon. For being what I couldn't be to her. For doing the one thing I always wished to do for her, but couldn't follow through with. Thank you, for loving her like I love her...

1 comment:

ReBeKaH said...

How come you always know how to make me cry? I love you natie! thanks for the love!