5.04.2007

Though It's Not Easy To Tell You Goodbye...



I resigned this morning from the company I have called home for the last five and a half years. I'm moving to Reston, Virginia at the end of the month.

Breaking away.

Finally.

On to new challenges. New faces. New hopes, fears, and dreams. Far from the memory of the people I have loved, lost, hurt, and those who have hurt me. Far from the memory of the husband formerly known as mine and the life I settled for. Away from countless people who have become my friends over the last 14-years in LexVegas. A hard place to leave, but to a new world of possibility ahead.

For the first time I'm doing something significant and taking control over my future - and knowingly doing so. Acting, instead of talking. Taking charge instead of it taking charge of me. This is a good thing. And I'm ready to go...

I'm ready to move forward with my own life instead of the lives of others. I'm ready to forget the ghosts of the past, the daily reminders of the men who have broken my heart, and those who broke my spirit. Ready to break away from the memories of those who almost loved me enough...

Tomorrow would have been 6 years to the day that I married the husband formerly known as mine. To say that the journey has been long is an understatement. But it's gotten me here.

And here, I go.

5 comments:

Kate The Great said...

Congrats, Nat. I wish you the best and hope you find what you're looking for in VA. I look forward to keeping up with you on the blog and maybe even someday I'll come visit you! Cheers ;)

Rima and Kevin said...

Oh, Nez. We managed to live somewhat near each other for four years and pretty near each other for five years...and didn't see each other nearly enough. I'm happy for you and sad for me. Reston is a beautiful place--I visited it with you! Wave to the Clausi's and those two cows on the side of the road on your way there. And remember...Virginia is for Lovers. :)

ReBeKaH said...

I'll miss my sis only being a 3 hour (okay sometimes 5 hour) trip down 71. However I'm so proud of you! I know this has been something you've debated for a long time! I know you will have a beautiful year or hopefully even more growing into an independant beautiful woman who takes risks that she's always dreamed of. You say you're proud of me for not giving up my dreams but i'm proud of you for the same thing. It may have been a long, hard road but it was one you needed to take so you know you have no "what if"s! Don't look back,just GO GO GO! May God bless you this next year, May he be with you wherever you go and whatever you do. may you know that He is with you always.I love you my beautiful, inteligent and RISK TAKING sister!

Kim said...

It's always best to know when to leave the past in the past and move on.

And Nat! I live in Reston! I swear I'm not a freak (well, you've read my blog so maybe you know better) and I'd be more than happy to show you around and stuff.

My email addy is on the blog. Drop me a line if you need anything at all!

JAB said...

Good luck and congrats on the new job!!!