1.02.2007

We Now Go Back To Your Regularly Scheduled Blogging

So I've once again been down the long road of what the hell to post here lately. I'm not sure what my dealio is. Kind of in a funk lately. Hoping that my funk will soon be over since the holidays are officially over and real life can get back to just that. Hoping to move forward from the last blog and perhaps one of the most disturbing weeks of the past year.

Ah. Real life.

I could have posted something about the remains of the past year. In fact, I thought about it on Sunday. I also thought about it on New Year's Day. But, well...you were here. You know what happened. You know what didn't happen. You knew of the people. You knew of the places. You knew all there was to know about what was, and what wasn't in 2006.

I started this blog one year ago tomorrow. A lifetime of stories, memories, and happenings ago it seems. 2006 was better than 2005. But it wasn't great. It was, just as every new year is - a new place to start, a new beginning and a new hope (that maybe this year will be better than the last).

I can't wait for that year that I never want to let go of.

Maybe it'll be 2007.

  • Perhaps I'll finally get that promotion, and raise. (Please...)
  • Perhaps I'll travel more. And travel to better places. And learn more...and so help me God this Fall of a winter we're having better not decide to get trixie around January 21.
  • Perhaps I'll just listen to my own intuition. You know. Really listen to what feels right. And go for it. Even if it means letting go.
  • Perhaps this year, I'll finally buy a couple new tires for the Honda. Or maybe get her a tune up. She would like that.
  • Perhaps this year, I'll go to church.
  • Perhaps this year, I'll buy a dress I really love and that really looks great on me. From Paris.
  • Maybe, I'll learn to forgive him. Maybe, I'll finally let the words he cursed me with wash away for good. Maybe I'll finally stop believing them.
  • Maybe, I'll drink less or try to at least learn when to say when.
  • Maybe, I'll keep certain expectations high and lower the trivial ones.
  • Maybe, I'll cuss less. Or at least speak softer when I do. And not as much at work.
  • This year, I will do something for myself that allows me to really live.
  • This year, I will not settle in my career because its easy. I'll take the reigns.
  • This year, I will decide for good whether or not to finally move to VA/DC/other.
  • This year, I will not gossip. As. Much.
  • This year, I will go to the gym and I will eat better. I will be okay with it when I don't.
  • This year, I will spend more time with Slimy. And Joey.
  • This year, I will go see SEDW & Daniel.
  • This year, I will go see Vee.
  • This year, I will take a girls trip.
  • This year, I will have one great day like last Friday.
  • This year, I will follow my heart. At least once. And I will follow it wherever it tells me to go.
  • This year, I will believe in possiblility. I will try to stop being so negative.
  • This year, I will stop wondering why he didn't choose me.
  • This year, I will get a hobby. And maybe start volunteering again.
  • This year, I will keep trying to be nicer to people. But I will confront them too, if necessary.
  • This year, I will keep trying to be a better person than I was a year ago.

This year. This year. This year...The list of what I want to achieve is endless...

I. Will. Become. Everything. I've. Been. Striving. To. Become.

And I won't feel too bad if I don't...there's always next year.

So here's to me and here's to you - and most importantly, here's to a 2007 none of us want to let go of...

3 comments:

SEDW said...

I know where you can volunteer if you want to!

Rima and Kevin said...

I'm impressed with all the stuff you want to do this year. I'm just hoping to stop napping when Joey naps. Hey, we'll always have The Ultimate Summer. If you want, I'll call you on Saturday at 11 am to sing the "Things That Make You Go Hmmm" lyrics! xo Slimy

JAB said...

Don't become everything you've been striving to become all in one year my friend.

Enjoy the journey because through the journey, you realize who you ARE - right at THIS moment - and maybe that changes who you want to become.

Good luck with all the goals.