12.05.2006

It's The Final Countdown

Da da da da, da da da da daaaa. Go ahead and sing it with me all you Europe (you remember the 80's big hair band) loving people...


T-minus 9-hours and counting till I'm the big 3-0. I was born at 4:44 p.m., so technically, I still have 23-hours left in my youth. Aw, sweet youth.

BIG HUGE FUN this weekend in C-bus with the gang. I'm so fortunate to have been able to celebrate with my bestest pals, as well as my family. Here's a quick recap for those who missed it:

Turning 30 can be a little like being a beauty queen:



You can do shots of Jaeger with your cousin Andrew:



Spend time with the one person in this world (outside of your family) who has known you the longest (ever since your banana clip/oops and then the hair was gone day/stalked NKOTB with you/shared every experience from 7th-12th grade with you and still loves you and who you still love to this day):



You get to spend time with the people who make you hap-hap-happy and who are the bestest friends ever:


(end of the night, all a little worse for wear, sorry Jules - you had gone to bed)

You get to party like the rockstar you are with your awesome aunt PZ and her fabulously awesome daughter, your cousin who, if you had to take a bet, is the most like you cousin you have...even at 16. Oh, and you get said cousin and her younger brother into a bar just cause it's your birthday:





Oh, and don't forget - you see your mom who, never drinks, drink an Long Island Ice Tea. Even if it's just one...you're still able to capture it on film, to remember it for all time. And you can find humor in the fact that she took pictures from all of your years and made them into popsicle stick head things (even the ones with your worst hair cuts - 6th grade, ewwwww) :



And even getting to have old friends who live in said hometown make apperances to fabulous birthday celebration in fancy ball gowns, and who have just hob-knobbed with great Ohio State football legends like Eddie George earlier in the evening:



I had a blast this weekend - thanks to all of you for making my thirtieth such a fabulous age to be turning!

I LOVE YA!

5 comments:

Kate The Great said...

It's official! Happy birthday Nat :)

Thirty is going to be thrilling, thought provoking and thexthy.

Okay so that's not how you spell (or really even say) that last word, but I'm just goin' with the "th" theme.

Kisses!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Like I said I think you should get the whole month to celebrate!!! Enjoy!

The Notorious N.A.T said...

Thanks guys! It's been a great week!

31 is going to suck ass.

Rima and Kevin said...

Happy Birthday yesterday, Neztalie! Mr. Screamy prevented me from emailing yesterday and then I worked a night shift, so my apologies for the belated wishes! And yes, I agree, 31 is going to suck serious ass. xo Slimy

NB-C said...

Don't forget...the Begian sent flowers and a video of himself wishing you a great day...of course, it probably would have been better if the video was of the X-rated variety.

Happy Birthday!