12.07.2006

I Am So Lucky


I posted a few months ago about being content, and that contentness factor has somehow creeped back up on me. I don't remember a time that I ever felt so at peace as I have over the last six weeks or so. Perhaps it's the birthday celebration, perhaps it's the friends - new & old. Perhaps it's being comfortable in my own skin. I'm not quite sure what it is, but it's this overwhelming calm that I feel is enveloping me.

I know, yawn, I seriously need some new material.

Someone asked me yesterday how I felt about turning 30. And the truth is - I feel great about it. Hell, I don't really think my twenties were that great so there has to be a lot more in store for the next decade, right? :) But seriously, how better a way to start the next ten years than the way I have been able to ring them in. Side by side with my family, together with my friends, celebrated by my colleagues, and surprised by the one person who, no matter how far away, knows how to make me smile, and feel special.

Each of you, you know who you are, made yesterday a very special day that I will carry with me forever.


PS: Oh ya, almost forgot. If you ever find yourself needing to wish upon a star, go ahead...wish on mine. Yep, I have a whole star named for me now. Don't be jealous. I own a big fireball somewhere in a galaxy far far away. Probably too far and too hot for a vacay, but I am kind of like the ruler of the planet so that would be a perk.

Odd.

4 comments:

Kate The Great said...

I am so jealous about the star. That is so cool - who got you that? That rock must be bigger than a diamond...

JAB said...

Did you get a map to find the star?

The Notorious N.A.T said...

KTG - one of my best guy friends got it for me. Definitely bigger than a diamond, but just hoping it doesn't come with any of those kind of strings attached.

JAB - I sure did! And a certificate. Wonder what one does with a certificate stating such a thing?

NB-C said...

You frame the damn certificate! Although I would have much rather preferred the land in Ireland - you know, so I could be a citizen there and all- it's still a pretty cool gift. How cool would it be if one day it WERE inhabited and YOU own it. Glad you had a great day...er, week...er, weeks...whatever...HAPPY 30th!