11.03.2006

The Last Seven Days

I'm a little at a loss for new material lately. Can you tell?

Just a little update....

It's been an interesting week, to say the least. Sometimes when you just let things go, a windfall of good fortune miraculously bestows itself upon you. For the first time in many months, that good fortune seems to have blown my way. Here's the 30,000 foot overview:

I've looked and the Magic 8-ball job forecast has gone from "outlook not so good" to suddenly full of potential. In a nutshell, looks like the promotion I've been hoping for is going to come through for me. It's going to allow me to focus specifically on my specialty, give me more visibility within the company, and even provide the opportunity to travel internationally. Oh, and of course it should provide me with a much needed raise. I'm hoping the red tape will be cut in the next 6 weeks...say a little prayer for me that it goes as scheduled! But it's also nice to be surprised - and it makes me feel good to be considered for positions at other great companies - that although the time may not be right, that there is something else out there someone thinks I'd be fantastic for.

I've opened myself up to moving forward. It seems that a number of factors all seemed to have perfectly aligned themselves so that when the door opened...for the first time in quite awhile, I walked through it instead of hesitating or holding on. That feels good.

I've learned nothing is ever as it seems. That people who hold your heart in their hands often don't realize how fragile it is, how much it hurts when they break it, or how hard it can be to let go. By learning that, I think I'll be more careful next time and also more considerate in the future. Sometimes the hardest thing to be is honest in the way you truly feel. Moreover, that old saying really is true. Honesty is always the best policy.

I've experienced something wonderfully complicated. I found it in He. He the least likely. He whose words touch me in places long forgotten. Whose smile melts my heart. He whose grief makes me want to comfort. Whose eyes make me see something unspoken. He who makes me dream and makes me believe in romance and friendship, and chance. Whose heart makes me believe. And He, who believes in me, too. He and I who are Lost. Yet somehow Found. It is wonderfully complicated.

It has been an interesting week...one I think that will be with me for a long time to come. I think the negative energy may have cleared and the windfall is the result of letting it go. Moving forward and letting go.

Something I should do more often.

1 comment:

Kate The Great said...

You make me jealous with your mention of international travel. To find a gig that pays for that? Now you're talking my language.

Sounds like your heart's a-flutter.

I wish I knew the details, but I know that you give me hope that someday I'll find my own He.