11.21.2006

A Time For Giving Thanks

Even with all the ups and downs the last couple of years have afforded me, I still have so much to be thankful for. I wanted to take this time, as we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving, to say outloud all the things I am thankful for today.

  • For my dad aka "Dakota" aka "Switzerland." For the love in his eyes and the span of his arms when he hugs me. And for his phone calls, always on the times when I know he knows I need them most.
  • For my mom. For our similarities and the ups and downs that come with our likeness. For all the good she does and for her selflessness. For her loudness so I am always sure to know just where I came from.
  • For my sister. For her strength. For her compassion for everyone she knows. For her uniqueness and for everything she has taught me.
  • For NB-C & Vee. For everyday. For every conversation. For being my sisters and my family. For believing in me and bringing me back down from the clouds.
  • For SEDW & Julia. For you who my life is just better because of. For who we have become since that first day of our meeting. For all of the laughter and tears along the way.
  • For my Girl. For the way she snuggles me lately and fills my heart. For her love of squirrels and fondness for roadtrips. For always being happy to see me.
  • For my job. For giving me a paycheck while doing something I still enjoy doing after five years. For the friends I've made along the way.
  • For my independence. The thing I am everyday most thankful for. Something I always said I was, but never allowed myself to be. For being it every single day for the last thirteen months.
  • For my Friend. For making me believe, in something - everything, again. For the last few minutes we had together. For seeing me like I know me.
  • For my grandparents (those still here and those who said goodbye). For everything you ever showed me, taught me, shared with me, for my history and for my future.
  • For my aunts and uncles and cousins. For my fantastic family who all give me something that makes me, me.
  • For my ability to take a chance.
  • For being a good person.
  • For this blog and what it has meant to me to be able to write it down to get all this non-sense out of my head.
  • For being a good friend.
  • For Daniel.
  • For Joey.
  • For love. For hope. For faith.
  • For fun weekends with a new group of people...that make you laugh, hard.
  • For those Ohio State Buckeyes beating the school we do not name.
  • For our time at GC.
  • For Gap Long & Leans.
  • For quarterly bonus checks.
  • For twenty-nine pretty fantastic years.
  • For asparagus, waffles, fries, and chocolate...and where they make them best. ;)
  • For the way a song makes you feel.
  • For dreams. And those who come to you in them.
  • For laughter.
  • For laughter.
  • For laughter.
  • For moving forward and letting go.
  • For all those darn Pisces. And what they've taught me.
  • For beliving in my own reality.
  • For tears and the way they make you feel human.
  • For crossing the line.
  • For losing.

And for everything and everyone, still to come.

Happy Thanksgiving...

2 comments:

SEDW said...

I just signed in to do my own list. I am thankful for YOU. have a great holiday tomorrow. Drive safely.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!