6.26.2006

Taking Bets

Kate - this one is for you...I know you will appreciate this...seeing as you recently have experienced this and all...

I've got $46.55 in my checking account until midnight on Thursday.

If you do the math, that averages $11.62 per day. See, it wouldn't have been this dire had I not spent $21.00 at lunch with a friend (my turn to buy) on Friday. It would have been even less of a problem had I not spent $50.00 at BW3's on Carribean Jerk chicken buffalitos, potato wedges and a plethera of beer that evening. Well, sometimes ya gotta splurge. I hadn't been out since vacation and all.

And I was in a stellar mood. With happy beer drinking mode came the new t-shirt I picked up in Vegas...

A girl's gotta be up front with the priorities...

Anywho, I am thinking that besides dog food (-$6.00), I won't really have to go to the grocery store this week. So that should allow me to tan (-$2.00 x 2), lunch at no more than $7.00/day (-$28.00). That should leave me with $8.55. Now, I've got a half a tank of gas and no real plans to go anywhere other than to work, the gym, and dog park. I could move the $5.00 I have in savings over to checking if I need to get gas. Or, I could theoretically skip lunch on Thursday and get some gas. Or, I could wait until after three on Thursday (NB-C told me this neat little trick that you are safe from the bank if you wait till after three o'clock) cause at midnight I'll have the fundage.

I think I've got it all figured out. I hope I don't hit any snafus this week. That will throw me into a tailspin and I'm not sure if I can cope.

PS: Big hairy brown bug with one billion legs has invaded the Hobbit House. Saw him this morning and by the time I had a minor freak out, went to find somethings to kill it, and returned, there was no sign of this horrible horrible creature. God, how I hate bugs. I have resigned myself to know that somewhere inside my apartment is a pre-historic alien waiting to eat me for dinner.

I swear, the only reason I will ever need a man again is 1) car repairs 2) killing bugs and 3)..... Well, I better just let you insert whatever you would like to imagine.

2 comments:

Kate The Great said...

Oh sister. I feel your pain. I am always budgeting and trying to play the numbers game with the bank.

When I grow up I want to be independently wealthy or a kept woman. Until then, it's 3 Buck Chuck and ramen noodles.

Kate The Great said...

How you doin' on the budget?