6.19.2006

A Couple Observations for a Monday

Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss.

A friend of mine once told me that was his philosophy (I.I.B). And at the time, I didn't really understand how true that really is, but a recent string of events has thrust me into a place that I wasn't prepared to be in.

ORIGINAL NOTE REMOVED BY AUTHOR

It can really only be categorized by me as "shock and awe" (one good phrase to come from our the lovely El Presidente of ours...) NB-C pointed out on Friday that I am a very naive person and she is right - I can't ever seem to wise up. So now I'm potentially in a very bad situation that I have probably festered just, well, just by being me. Clueless, unassuming, and unaware.

Always full of drama.

God, how I hate the drama. I am like the poster child for the "can't lead a drama free life - here's how to make it worse!" campaign. It always seems to find me or I always seem to find it.

For right now, that is all I will say about this particular subject. And to those of you who know the situation at hand, please refrain from commenting directly about it. You can certainly comment about my naivite, but not about the person/persons or other related events...

So the other observation I have from this weekend goes along with my ever constant struggle to define that place I still refer to as "home." If you haven't already, I'd suggest you read this in order to understand.

I attended a baby shower for my oldest and dearest friend, Slimy, on Saturday. She and I have known one another since the 6th grade, and have been like sisters ever since the 8th grade when we discovered our mutual love for NKOTB, food and shopping. I hadn't seen her in almost 2 years - since her fairytale wedding - despite being only 70-miles from one another. And yet, all the time apart never has changed the kinship between us. I realized something for the first time.

She feels like home to me.

Perhaps home isn't the actual place but the people who love us along the way. At any rate, it made me once again long for that imaginary place and the friends of long ago and far away...something nostalgic and yet real enough you can almost touch, as if stored safely in a place where no time or distance seems to have passed.

Thankfully.

1 comment:

ReBeKaH said...

I understand a person feeling like home.. Anita feels like home to me! where ever we go or whatever we do or however long we don't talk... we can always find home in eachother. always! it's not the place that you called home..It's the people. Very true!