1.13.2006

TGIF

Well, another week down. Another week closer to turning 30. Funny how the holidays seem long ago and far away already.

My question is, how many meetings can one person sit through and actually accomplish anything else? There is nothing like realizing that I am, actually, going to have to work. Again. Unless I am mistaken, I don't think they count blogging as part of my quarterly bonus. Long gone are the 7 hour internet days, the 36 hour work week...the countless hours of MSNBC and eBay. It's been fun. How I will miss you. Here to stay are the long days that begin in dreary January and constantly remind you of the grey cubicle walls and their fondness for holding you in. Here to stay are the Outlook invitations for yet another "important" conference call that simply requires your attendance. Here to stay are the long days and nights, the countless hours of over achieving and thankless review. Here to stay is the knowledge that the next paid holiday is Memorial Day.

Here's to having a job and being employed...and to being thankful that I am. Happy hour, here I come!

No comments: