5.05.2008

Today Is The Day That Will Forever Remind Me to Make Good Choices


Take it from me, kids. Good decision making and critical judgement skills are two of the most important things your parents ever teach you. My advice is to think long and hard before you marry someone who seven years later you look back and can say nothing more than "what the fuck was I thinking?" Be sure to arduously weigh the pros and cons, and if there is even one con that exceeds the list of pros, run for your life. Save yourself. Though you may not be able to see it now, those parents of yours sure are right when they tell you not to ever settle for less than what you want, deserve, hope, or dream of. From someone who knows, life is too short to get married just so you can eat the cake.

4 comments:

Woz said...

The 25th of this month will be this moment for me darlin. I am so understanding this I can't even tell you.

Papo now thinks there should be a law that no one is allowed to get married before they are 30. I'm not totally sold on that but he may be on to something. ;)

Rima and Kevin said...

I thought of you today, because of this (even before our telephone capers...my goodness). On the upside (of which there are many!) you have a seriously good lesson learned and I have some rather nice pillows made from my bridesmaid dress. :) xo Slimy

Anonymous said...

Getting up yesterday morning the anniversary came to mind..so sorry you went through all you did...

You have now made a good choice and moved on...We are proud of you!

It did prove we can put on one HELL ...of a good party!!!!


Love you - Mom

BrianAlt said...

HEY!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SBsHy2hZJ-I/AAAAAAAAEyo/3aFBdmRhkro/s400/amelie.jpg

I found you! :-)