5.09.2008

Just In Case You Were Wondering

The answer would be "no," when you ask me if I had yet heard back on either of the two offers I have out on a townhouse. Let me restate for you that it's been approximately FIVE weeks on the first, FOUR almost FIVE on the second. Again, I say...foreclosure homebuying is for the birds.

FBF and I went on a hellacious yet oddly gratifying 17-mile bike ride on Sunday. That is perhaps the last time I don't clarify where and for how long we're going again. Monsieur JF sure has a persuasive nature about him with the gentle reassurances and positive reinforcements. Quite the sly guy he is, you find yourself eight miles from home, with only a prayer and two wheels to get you back to where you came from. It's a good thing I didn't die. Clearly he hasn't quite realized I'm not that into physical activity.

The mama and the papa are coming to the big town this weekend. Well, it's because fantastically fabulous cousin is graduating from William & Mary on Sunday, so we're heading down the devil's highway (aka I-95) to Williamsburg. The mama and the papa are also staying in my 700-sq feet of high rise living on Saturday night. Abby will be delighted and not sure who she should sleep with so that maximum doting and belly rubbing can ensue. I'm not sure 700-sq feet sleeps 3+ dog very comfortably, so that should be interesting. You know, IF I HAD A FREAKING HOUSE OF MY OWN THIS WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.

Oh, and I finally got my hair cut last night. It's a weeeeeee bit shorter than I would have liked, seeing as I've spent the last nine months without cutting it, but I am digging it. Went significantly lighter this time because I will not rest until I can finally lay rest to the age old claim that blondes really do have more fun.

Did I mention Slimy, her BFF Erika, and I are going backstage to meet New Kids On The Freaking Block on September 26 in Boston???!!!! Let's just say, we're 31 and we still needed her dad's credit card to make it possible...and it was as frustrating as it was when we were 13 to get the tickets. We've got some bitchin' seats in Chicago too that we could probably sell ya for a cool $400 a pop. Ah, it's good to be a groupie with buying power.

Just two weeks until heading back to Gulfport to visit Vee. NB-C and I are making a quick trip to the hottest place on earth and to see the little one and I finally! get! to! meet! little! TL!!!!
NB-C's latest obsession, Bret Michaels, of Poison fame (evvvverryyyy roooossse has its thhhoorrnnnn) just happens to be playing in Biloxi that same weekend. I wonder if NB-C will show her t*ts? Little CC will be so proud. (Now isn't that great, she named her daughter after CC Deville!)

That was probably a little over the top.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Woz said...

backstage nat?? backstage????

The Notorious N.A.T said...

I can't help it. As my good friend Carrie Bradshaw once said, I have an addiction sir. You USED to know what it was like!

NB-C said...

Hmmmm...hadn't thought about showing my tits, but now that you mention it.....I'm gonna try to lose 10 pounds before the trip. I AM STOKED! I sooooo can't wait to get my drink on.