10.07.2006

Happy FIRST Birthday Little Man!!!!


Dear Daniel,

One year ago today you came into our world, you the first of what I hope is to be many. You took your time getting here and gave us all quite a scare after you arrived. But you taught us to be patient and you taught us about faith. I like to think you just wanted to make sure everyone noticed you had arrived.

I remember the sound in your mom's voice when she called to say you were here. Her voice had changed and there was an ever so slight difference that wasn't blatently obvious unless you knew what to listen for. It was the sound of your mom becoming your mother. It was filled with love and hope and strength and promise.

It was a beautiful sound.

I wanted to tell you, Daniel, that you are loved beyond the boundries of love. You have people far and wide holding you in their arms even when the miles are greater than the distance can hold. You bring us joy when your momma sends us pictures of your bright blue eyes and your heart breaking smile. There's joy when your momma sends us video when you do something great for the first time. You make me laugh when I hear you talking in the background - so not to be upstaged or ignored. You amaze me because you are so smart and perceptive.

This is my wish for you on your first birthday:

May your life to be a happy one. May you know the love of your family - and your extended family. May you never have to sit in traffic for long. Or eat bad food. May you always flirt with the pretty ladies. Laugh at the funny looking animals. And talk until every last person has heard you make your point. May your best friend one day be a ddddggeeee. May your smile be big when you realize your Gigi comes to spoil you. May you ever be the side kick for your daddy and the love behind your momma's voice. And most of all, Daniel - my wish for you is a that you always remember to live, never forget how to laugh, and for the rest of your life may you always know what it means to - and what it means to be - loved.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat that is beautiful! I think you missed your calling.

NB-C said...

Happy birthday to Daniel! Know that you are soooo loved. Great post Nat!

ReBeKaH said...

see.. i don't even know Daniel and i'm crying! how the heck do you do it EVERY TIME!?

Kate The Great said...

You send chills up my spine. How lovely....

SEDW said...

Thank you for loving my son and making him special. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Natalie, Daniel is blessed that his Mom has a friend as lovely and loving as you. Your words have touched my heart, thank you for them.

Gigi

Kate The Great said...

I hear there's a good story to be told??