9.28.2006

Wanted :: Day Off



Criteria: Must be full-24 hour period where work is not able to be done.
Presentations are not able to be reviewed.
Collection calls are not able to be made.
Registrations will miraculously just happen. And the form will work.
Like it is supposed to.
Silly questions cannot be asked. Repeatedly.
Budgets cannot be scrutinzed.
Speakers cannot back out.
Phone cannot ring.
Peeing must not be acceptable form of a break.


So, I haven't had a day off in at least 3 weeks. Yes, that's right - I've even been working Saturday's. Six hours on Saturday to be exact. Two hours Sunday. Nevermind that I'm a complete social leper and my dance card has been less than "filled." But ya, seemingly overnight I have become the worlds most underpaid professional or the worlds most over paid collection agent (depending on how you look at it). (Ok, the underpaid thing wasn't overnight) My brain is turning me into one of those women...you know, the ones who work 12-hour plus days and who feel a little bad when they take a couple of hours away for themself, and God forbid their email. It's disgusting.

Working is overrated.

To top it off, I haven't had a cocktail in two weeks. I know - the horror. The dismay. The irony...the gym? Tis' true. The empty calories simply haven't been worth it.

Seriously, who is this person and what have they done with the real Nat?

Mama needs a martini. And a cig. And some time away.

Where's the Calgon when you need it.



Oh and ya. That little big accident I had. Well, the verdict is in. Superior service also means serious retribution. They doubled my insurance. DOUBLED. Sometimes you can't win for losin'. I'm screwed.

4 comments:

NB-C said...

Doubled? Holy shit! Perhaps it's time you switched to Safe Auto.

Kate The Great said...

Yeah. Safe Auto. I'm actually on that plan... It was the cheapest I could find post DUI. I've got less than two months to go until my driving record's clear. By then I'll be 30, so I am anticipating a major drop in rates... Yippee.

Sorry about the doubling. That totally blows.

Kate The Great said...

PS - have you seen these Chris Daughtry pics?

FYI

http://goofyasschick.blogspot.com/

The Notorious N.A.T said...

yes i saw them..wowza...HOT.

i totally have to call safe auto...sucks it man.