7.15.2008

Checked Out


But I probably need to check-in somewhere. Somewhere where the candle doesn't burn at both ends, and where a heavy dose of sleep is a must. I've not only been a bad blogger, I've been a bad friend, and a bad daughter, and sister, dog mother, and well you get the point.

It's pretty much been the crux of hell for me at work lately. Yeah, okay, I had a five-day hiatus where I took time off to go to the every-three-years family reunion in New Hampshire and spend a few days in Quebec with the whole family. Somehow, it didn't feel like a vacation and I came back exhausted and apathetic - only to bust my rear getting ready for an impending sales event that left me in Miami for the better part of last week and weekend. Miami is great. When you're not on your A game for 17-hours a day. When you are, and when you times that by 5, you not only get perspective on the number of alcohol units your colleagues forced you to consume, but the number of hours you are deficient in sleep, and the number of times you think to yourself, God, I just wish I could take a break. I am so tired right now I don't know what to think. I've also been working on budgets, revisions of budgets, cutting more just a weeeeeee bit more, and then a weeeeeee bit more again, while intermitently training a new employee who was here for just 2 days before I set her out to conquer an entire worldly region on her own. SHEESH.

Also, I don't mean to be redundant, but it was 3 months ago today that I put an offer on the townhouse I will begrudgingly refer to as "the green monster." And the answer would still be NO, I still don't know if that damn house is coming to mama or not. Freaking bastards. There is no joy left.

I'm tired and I'm neglectful of all of my most favorite people and I swear, I wasn't always this bad of a friend. I don't think I was, anyway? Oy. I don't even know anymore.

3 comments:

Kate The Great said...

Oh honey. We all have those days (and weeks) from time to time. Nobody faults you for wanting some downtime after surviving a whirlwind!

Take a few deep breaths, crack open a bottle of something calming and we'll see you in the blogosphere when you're ready (and hopefully I'll see you in DC in August!)

Unknown said...

Nat, miss you, love you!! I have book a Mediterranean cruise 14 days London to Italy and back for next June-July, come with!!!

Rima and Kevin said...

Hang in there and look forward to September in Beantown. :) xo Slimy