4.02.2007

Please, for the love of all that's good and holy...


Don't choke dear, Buckeyes.
We've been through this road once before, say, in January. Our glorious football season smashed into a million pieces when you got your asses handed to you by those despicable Florida Gators. You remember, right? Yeah, it was the biggest game of the season (okay, second biggest because after all you did beat the team Up North) yep, it was the game you forgot to show up for. Remember? Let me jog your memory...It all started out so well, a touchdown in the first 15-seconds of the game. Jay and I in our scarlet and grey, high-fiving each other and celebrating what was sure to be a spectacular night. Rubbing it in the face of that Florida fan, BJ, who dared to watch it with us. And then, just like that. It slipped through our fingers, more quickly than it ever began. We were the fools. You thought you had it in the bag, and you choked. You forgot your sea of fans, your minions who stood by you through that perfect season. And you let it come down to 60-minutes of a half rate performance. Booooo. Boooooooooo.
So, even though I am not a loyal, die-hard, OSU basketball fan, I will stand by you (of course!) tonight as you go for another National Championship game with the freaking Florida Gators. I mean, how is it possible that it's us and them all over again...Please, I beg of you, don't choke. Show up this time. Don't make us their bitches for a whole year.
And anyway, I'm just counting down the next 14-hours so that whoever ends up winning, it will be just a matter of time before Billy D announces what we all hope is true...That he's coming to the Bluegrass to whip our UK boys into shape and into the Big Dance - this time for the greatest basketball program in the United States - University of Kentucky BABY!!!!

2 comments:

JAB said...

Ditto on all counts. I don't think I'll be able to live with the Beak man if they lose like that twice in one year!

Kate The Great said...

LORD HAVE MERCY, From your lips to God's ears.

I gotta say, I know I'm in Buckeye country, but I'm a Cat Fan For Billy.