5.02.2006

Hi! Remember Me? I'm Back.

Well friends, it's been an interesting week...I think I should back up so that it all kind of makes sense. My blogs of late have been a bit cryptic so I feel I need to explain. (Oh, and yes, I did find a fabulous website with tons of Sex In The City quotes...)

Let's see, where to begin...

1) Spend weekend before last in state of certifiable depressive state, do not leave house other than to walk crazy dog child, tan (a girl's got to have priorities), and eat ice cream with NB-C. Oh, and work for five hours on big project while watching the Godfather trilogy.

2) Have four hour phone conversation with Vee about cutting the chord with Mr. Penny. Realize this is the source of my discontent. Make plan to politely bow out of unfulfilling relationship on Monday.

3) Politely bow out of unfulfilling relationship with Mr. Penny.

4) Get better direction on a big work project on Tuesday that turns out to be really exciting and refreshes momentum for my otherwise stagnant career.

5) See hottest of all hot men, Chris Daughtry, on American Idol and profess, outloud, my love for him.

6) Get further career advancement opportunity with above mentioned big project and make plans to go to a freaking awesome tradeshow, found and led by yours truly, in of all places LAS VEGAS in June. Giddy!

7) Recieve quarterly bonus that exceed my expectations and allowed me to 1) save money for vacation 2) pay car insurance and car tags 3) have money left over.

8) Go to Columbus to see the fam and get a revelation from Pops (who has a direct line to God) that the disturbing dream I had been having about our old house was indeed haunting me. Additional revelations about my future and NB-C's prophetic gift insued.

9) Hear funny as hell story from my grandmother about an art project of my Pops way back in the day where he procrastinated to the point he worked himself up over it...So she comes to the rescue and draws a man on a piece of paper. She then decides that the man needs to wear a suit so she cuts out all different types of fabric to put over the man. They glue the fabric to the paper and to their dismay realize that the glue has bled through all of the finely cut clothes. My dad cries and she, the consumate teacher, says "Not to worry, we'll give him a great title." And so they craftfully assign this masterpiece as "The Assassination of Calvin Coollage."

Get it?


Of all the events over the last week, I've learned that there is much that holds us back when we can't let go of things that weigh on the heart. There is relief in moving forward instead of staying at a stand still. It allows you to let go of fear and doubt and embrace hope and love. It's the best thing I have learned that I must do for myself.

Letting go sometimes is the best thing any of us can do for ourselves...or for each other.

3 comments:

NB-C said...

Glad you're back...and that we're tanning tonight.

ReBeKaH said...

I love you. I changed my template... to yours! it's much easier!

Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble, but trying to let it all go. Hope to see you soon.